Light at the end of the Tunnel
Understand how ESV Digital helped Canal+ to implement a digital activation plan for the launch of a new TV series the "Tunnel".
Canal+ is a French premium cable television channel launched in 1984, broadcasting several kinds of programmes available on PC / Mac, smartphones and tablets.
It is part of the The CANAL Group, the largest pay TV group in France and is the leader in the publishing and distribution of premium and thematic channels.
For the launch of a new and original TV series called Tunnel, Canal+ wanted to put in place a strong and supporting digital media plan. With no prior public awareness, the objective was to find the best strategy to create widespread visibility, viral presence and shareability even before the airing of the first episode.
The goal was to develop a narrative in parallel with the TV show that used one of the key characters of the series, The Truth Terrorist, who engaged and submerged online audiences into the mysterious world of a killer.
The campaign was supported by three main initiatives:
- A Digital Plan: Send “teaser videos” to influencers to share and send traffic to the site.
- The creation of a website dedicated to submerging audiences into the world of the Truth Terrorist, whilst also providing facts and secrets through an interactive online experience.
- Supported by dedicated Truth Terrorist Twitter and Facebook profiles, providing a platform for the character to express itself across social media.
More than 30 mentions across key media outlets and the blogosphere.
On social media channels, the campaign generated 230,000 interactions, 8,000 social comments, 175,000 video views and 3,500 shares (average of 3 shares per social media visitor).
Canal+ and ESV Digital won 2 awards for the campaign at the PromaxBDA Awards:
- Gold Award for “The best immersive campaign of the year”.
- Silver Award for “The best cross-media campaign for a TV program”.
Other Case Studies
Evans Cycles – Paid Search Attribution
How the largest cycle retailer in the UK achieved great results via algorithmic attribution.
Sandals – Paid Search
A Caribbean luxury travel operator increases conversion rate by 45% and revenue by 26% with ESV Digital.
MDHearingAid – Paid Search
An affordable hearing aid manufacturer lifts sales by 80% within 6 weeks by partnering with ESV Digital.
Conforama – Paid Search
ESV’s launch of the first Local Inventory Ad (LIA) campaign for Conforama, which improved performance both online and in-store.
Evans Cycles – Offline Attribution
Cycling up the data mountain: understanding Online Visits to In-store Purchases.